An anniversary is a monumental occasion where your corporation or institution stands at the juncture of its heritage and its’ exciting future, so you’re prudent to connect with us to learn how you can effectively start the process of leveraging this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Let us explain…
If you’re wondering how and when to being, you’re not alone. For more than 90% of leaders involved with anniversaries, this is uncharted territory. Even with broad experience overseeing complex projects, most leaders are perplexed about how best to begin.
We,ve been in your shoes and we’re eager to offer our valuable insights, strategies, tools, and tactics that we wished we had access to when we began planning our anniversaries. This would have saved us time and money and ensured we took advantage of all the potential opportunities before us.
We invite you to give us a call to see how our specialized knowledge and unmatched experience will be of tremendous help to you and your team.
Who We Are
Anniversary University® is the only organization 100% dedicated to helping leaders leverage anniversaries.
With the help of an exceptional roster of Milestone Masters, we curate and share leading-edge
information and connect you with experts who are endorsed by Anniversary University®
because of their specialized knowledge and exceptional anniversary work.
Milestone Masters are senior marketing, communications and brand executives who have led complex
award-winning anniversary campaigns for some of the most notable corporations and universities.
We Understand Your World. We Understand Your Challenges and Opportunities. Inside and Out.
Steelcase Centennial, Lead
Anniversary University® &
The Anniversary Forum
How We Help
Anniversary Planning Workshops
Milestone Masters have specialized knowledge, unique experience,
and proven tactics and approaches that are powerful and pragmatic.
Based on where you are in the planning cycle, we design Anniversary Visioning Workshops
for corporations, higher-education institutions, and non-profits. Topics include:
Strategic planning methodologies
Leadership alignment around guiding principles
Crafting your story
Workshop 101 – Anniversary Visioning
- Half-day customized workshop
- Attended by cross functional leaders
- Ideal for corporations, higher- education institutions and non-profits in early phase planning
- We listen and learn about your organization’s unique environment and challenges and identify potential opportunities.
- We use our milestone methodology to uncover pressing questions and assess varying perspectives for the anniversary.
- What we learn informs how we customize the workshop, which is designed to meet your specific needs.
- Review how great organizations leverage anniversaries and the impact of “The Anniversary Effect”.
- Discuss the 8- key consideration for developing a sound strategic plan.
- Present an in-depth anniversary case study by a Milestone Master.
- Milestone Masters facilitate conversation and lead interactive exercises designed to help align leaders around a shared vision, flush out a deeper understanding of who you are and how the journey of your past has shaped current reality.
- Based on needs, we may choose to invite renowned experts in storytelling, defining purpose or archival management.
- Provide a summary of our insights, learnings and suggested next steps.
Workshop 201 - Mobilizing the Right Team
- 2-hour workshop
- Attended by executive leaders and key internal/external thought leaders
- Discuss how other organizations effectively organize and how much time it will take to plan an effective anniversary.
- Determine who will be necessary as part of the “A-team” to manage the planning, execution, and delivery of expected outcomes.
- Identify additional support structures that may be necessary for the anniversary to succeed.
Workshop 301 – Planning “The Work"
- Choose from a “menu” of 2 to 3-hour modules that address specific needs
- Attended by executive leadership and key stakeholders
Planning a successful anniversary requires a process of deep discovery to provide
the bedrock on which your anniversary road map is designed.
You must know where you’re headed, or you won’t get there. We will help you get there!
Examples of modules include:
1. Defining the Purpose of your anniversary.
2. Defining measurement & success factors.
3. Strategies for effective employee and community engagement.
4. Developing a profitable sponsorship program.
5. Guidance in developing effective RFI/RFP documents and review of bidders.
6. Recommending experts who may become part of your planning “A-team".
Anniversary University® conducted a valuable half-day Anniversary Visioning Workshop with our Leaders, which opened our eyes to the unique possibilities for our upcoming 50th Anniversary. The workshop served a huge purpose in helping us begin to align our thinking.
Our thanks to Lisa and her crew for introducing us to the deep and rewarding work we have ahead of us, we had no idea such a network of experts existed! This was time very well spent and helped us to further our planning for such an important milestone.
Senior Managing Director
We had an exceptional experience partnering with Anniversary University® as they skillfully designed and conducted a one-day planning workshop for our 250th Anniversary. Their specialized knowledge with planning anniversaries was extremely valuable.
Paul Patrick Exec. VP for Business Affairs & CFO
College of Charleston